CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Longest Fjord in the World

On Monday morning we got on a ferry that would take us from Bergen to Skjolden (pronounced Sholden). It was a beautiful and wonderful ride as we went through so many fjords. Also a lot of fun getting to spend 4 hours together on the ferry playing games and just relating to each other. (In fact, there was a beautiful young Norwegian man on the ferry that Cayley and Kelsey thought would be fun to talk to about me and tell him to say hi to me :) oh those girls!) We got off the ferry and took a few buses to our final destination, SKJOLDEN! It is a small small town of 200ish people. So beautiful and at the end of the longest and largest fjord in the world. I cannot even explain to you how beautiful it is. Where we are staying is a youth hostel co-owned by Darrel and Annette (our leaders) called Elvheim. It is right next to a big river that is wonderful to listen to at night (that is for you, dad). That night we were able to play soccer with a couple of the local kids. Cayley loved it and I didn't play (hurt achilles, you know). It was so fun to be able to play on this beautiful grass with real Norwegians :)! Also since we have been here there has been a club started. It is called the 20-20 club. This means 20 verses memorized by the end of the summer and 20 jumps in the fjord. Now here is the catch, the fjord is FREEZING! But it is breathtaking and exhillerating at the very same time. We were also able to clean up and garden Edvin's (a big Nav guy, I think, in Norway) house yesterday.
We have been able to spend a lot of time in the Word, studying Galatians together, and listening to each other's testimonies. It is really such a restful time with God so far. Tomorrow about 20 international students from Latvia, Norway, Belarus, and Britian will join us for our Discipleship Week. OH and Cayley has been able to set up her hammock and take naps in it, WHAT A BLESSING!!

Please be praying for:
Our time in the Word and in Galatians as a team, that God would continue to open up our minds to what He desires us to learn.
The International students coming, that they would get here safely and we would really be able to connect with them.
The Norwegians here in Skjolden would be open to relationships with us, but more importantly to a relationship with Jesus.

Thank you all for your prayers. Cayley and I love you all very much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't helping with my jealousy. God bless you all really big. Tell Cayley to train, and you get the achilles well. Mom and I can't wait to see you again. We are especially fond of you two.

Anonymous said...

I miss you two so much. Kyle misses you, in fact, he was wondering why for the last 3 summers he's never with you guys. I am going to get a box ready today, sorry I haven't already. It sounds amazing where you two are, I'm starting to get a little jealous,too. I'm praying for you, and can not wait to see you. I love you both!

SMOM said...

Linz and Calys,
As I read today's blog, I was picturing the beauty of your surroundings :-) God's creation is so majestic, words don't do it justice. I am so excited for all that you have experienced so far and will continue to. Abba Father has great things to teach the two of you as you make this journey :) Know that the Welbon clan loves you both very much and we are praying for you!! Can't wait to see you and hear all your stories!

Anonymous said...

Linz, I miss you guys so much! I'm so glad to hear that you both are thriving and experiencing God in such a real and vivid way. I can't wait to hear your stories when you get back. I love you guys tons!

P.S. The new coldplay CD rocks my face and rocks it hard!!!

Unknown said...

just a frienly comment. the longest fjord in the world is Scoresby Sund in Greenland