CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work Week of Demolition

I cannot even explain what has been going on here. There is heavy demolition going on all around me. Our international team came in with two construction guys from California and a Norwegian family that are part owners of the house and have just done heavy work. The guys are working with jack hammers and slug hammers, the girls are carrying heavy logs and wood and painting (in fact Cayley was called a Burly Mountain Woman, not totally sure she likes that ;) but she is sure a tough one), and I am baking cookies, brownies, and making lunch and dinner for those hard working and very tired, dirty men and women. I love it I am like the house mom or something. But really I wish I could explain to you how much HARD work is being done to this house. I am so proud of how good this team works together. I mean the basement doesn't even look like it did 2 days ago!!
Anyway, our team is getting closer, internationals and all! IN two days we all leave for Latvia (where we will not have any internet access at all, so I will write after I get back on July 17th) where we will be working at a English/Bible Camp for mostly ophanage kids. So Friday morning we will leave for Oslo on bus and then we will catch a plane to Riga. After a couple of days in Riga, we take a bus across the country to Rezekne where the camp is. It is an old government school building and not much else. But the kids love this camp. I am going to be working with the youngest kids (Cayley with some older ones), but we have no clue how old that will be maybe 8, maybe 15. NOt a very organized camp I am gathering:)!

Please pray for:
-A safe trip to Latvia for our team
-For open hearts at the camp toward the Lord
-Rest for our team and going with health. Apparently you don't sleep much at the camp!

Thank you all so much! Miss you and love love love you!!! Can't wait to tell you all the Lord does in Latvia!!!!!!

1 comments:

SMOM said...

Linz & Calys,
Will be praying for your trip to Lativa. It sounds like a true "labor of love" is taking place on the house you are currently staying in. Cayls, don't worry if you were called a "burly mountain woman." You are prettiest "burly mountain woman" I've ever seen :-)
Can't wait to see the two of you when you return on the 17th...we will be up at our condo that weekend, so prayerfully we will get to see you...that's of course if your parents and Ky-Ky will share the two of you with us :-)
Thanks for the postcard...it was a blessing!!
Love and miss you!!